EDIT Feb 8: I’ve decided to make this post sticky because your help is needed. Thanks for understanding.
The Wurzeltod in Hoxton Square, taken by Robert M Fenner, 2011
These are the posts we all hate: You, the art lover who really just wants to see great art for free and I, who hates talking about financial aspects more than anyone. But even though I have proven many times in my life that I can survive on 9p Tesco noodles for up to 8 months without mutating into a noodle, it’s not really what I had in mind with my life.
So let’s cut the crap: As most of you know by now, I am currently working on getting Art Nerd – my own art space – off the ground.
I have long experience in working in the arts for both festivals, fairs, newspapers and in both small urban art galleries and high-end galleries (Hauser & Wirth). And I have an even longer track record as an academic and journalistic art nerd who has helped launch and solidify artists’ careers, as everyone who has been reading this blog for the past 8 years will know. What I don’t have, however, is money so I’m trying to reach out to people who’ve enjoyed Wurzeltod® over the years and know that opening a London HQ is not just a naïve dream but that it’s bloody NEEDED here.
Don’t worry, I won’t bore you with all the minute details here as it’s something we can talk about on a more private level if you’re interested but here’s what you’ll get as an investor:
• Membership card that entitles you to:
- Monthly art tours to selected London exhibitions organised and held by me
- Access to the art space when it’s closed (Mon/Tue and provided I’m in town which I am most of the time as I’m a hermit.)
- Show pre-preview with me and artists (the latter only if present)
- Early announcement on new print releases and shows
- Discounts on prints and framing
- 24/7 free personal advice on art collecting and investing
- Free entry to film nights, gigs, lectures, workshops et al. (lower floor)
- Oh, yeah, and of course your money back!
I guess I’m biased if I say this is all pretty damn amazing, but since I’ve long given up on a life outside the arts, it’s what I want to give back to you if you believe in me.
If you would like to discuss this further with me, please email me.
Thank you kindly for your attention – art blogging will resume very shortly.