Posted in Curiosa & Forteana, Design, Eyecandy, Interna, Retrofuture by Suzanne on August 26th, 2007 | BBC Wikipedia
(via Dark Victoria)
Please excuse my long web absence. It was/is mainly caused by two incidents:
ii) An adorable humanoid male entity I fell in love with, who forms the other half of my Aristophanian globular sphere, who changed my sleeping habits to those of Elias Alder and who’s responsible for the medical phenomenon that my body started growing again. 2cms in 2 weeks. o_O
Oh, and he makes things. With his clever hands. Out of brass, wood, glass, leather, silicone, glue and.. well, steam. Ingenious inventions that inventors of bygone days forgot to invent because they were too busy inventing other inventions. Ermm.. anyway.. I think you should see for yourself:
OTHER CREATURES & THINGS I RECENTLY FELL IN LOVE WITH… (in alphabetical order)
• Ada Lovelace - Thank you for gracing my desktop, you sexy geek!
• Alexander Pichushkin – Hmm.. doesn’t every woman have a soft spot for mass-murdering chess players in plaid shirts?!
• Chic blood clot - Subject line of a spam email I received today. Great name for a fashion brand for haemophiliacs (that I’ll launch sometime in the future).
• Giant Cosmic Nihil - Echoooo-oooo-ooooh!
• Giant Rubber Duckie - *sings Alan Moore’s “March of the Sinister Ducks”.
• Isabelle Huppert - Probably the only living actress who dies convincingly and constantly seems to be aware of her own mortality. I adore her for this emotional intensity, for moments like her slow and painful death from arsenic poisoning in Madame Bovary.
• Katie - My neighbour’s crazy white fox terrier that looks precisely like Milou. My newest furry friend. Huzzah!
• Meredith Yayanos - Mer’s sheer existence on this planet makes me unspeakably happy.
• Northern Hairynosed Wombat – My alter ego. It knows things.
• Radioactive Boy Scout - Awww! Cute!